How interesting that as the Fall season comes around, people tend to become ill more often.
I find this fascinating because this trend comes along with some other habits that we know can weaken our immune system. Just as certain foods grow better during different seasons, our body functions differently in each season. So in these later months we see less sun, eat more sugar, move less and overall hibernate. So let's look at what we CAN do to support ourselves, so that we can life a healthier and more vibrant life during these months:
- Get more sun- spending at least 30 minutes in the sun not only helps our body acquire Vitamin D, but it helps regulate the hormones we need for sleep! So come on Southern Californian's get out there!
- Get adequate DEEP sleep- turn off all lights and phones 1 hour before bedtime
- Hydrate- teas and broth are great ways to start your mornings
- Move your body- turn on the radio and dance for 10 minutes
- Eat real food- bring a healthy option to potlucks or family dinners, including desserts! Supplement when necessary.
- Use essential oils- cinnamon, oregano and frankincense are some of my favorites to diffuse this time of year.
- Get your spine checked for subluxation- A chiropractic adjustment boosts your immune system by 200%!